Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TED Gone Bad

I personally am not on board with this new technology. Having an object or system that can connect the brain with real life actions seems like it should be cool, but I have an opposite opinion. I do not feel that this technology is good for the future of people. It will make us beyond lazy. People think that our American culture is lazy now just wait! There will be no need to leave the couch and we will all end up weighing about 300 pounds a piece. I also found it to be a very slow technology that I would have zero patients for.

 Comfy?

This is a social age of FAST FAST FAST and this to me is nothing but SLOW SLOW SLOW. This is a huge disadvantage of the product. Everyone wants things done five minutes before we even realize we need something done. I find it to be time consuming and annoying to have that head set on my head. It is uncomfortable and unnecessary when I have two perfectly working legs that can get something instead of me just visualizing it and it happening ten minutes later. I see this as something that would be an "isolating" feature. We would stop getting up and moving therefore feeling that everything we need can just come to you instead of you making an effort. We will participate more in personal awareness, but greatly decline in our social lives. I would not be surprised if some people would choose to stay home with this technology verses hanging and going out with friends or family. However, looking at advantages of this technology, one could say it has potential. Yes it has been able to accomplish something nothing else has. It challenges the brain in a whole new way and it is very cool to see in the moment. The thing about this, is that it can be developed more and can eventually be turned into something that is fast and accurate in command.This is the potential advantage it could have.

      Our Future



No comments:

Post a Comment