Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Twitter App!

Sadly, I am one of those people who have yet to have a smartphone. The things my cell is capable of is extremely limited. I have never been one to enjoy apps like so many other people do. Since my phone can not do anything with applications, I use my Ipod. The only app I have on it is Twitter. I find it to be a very useful app for me to use because I am some one who likes to vent. So I can just write a quick little "tweet" and feel much better about myself. Its quick, convenient, and fun. It keeps me very social and connected with my friends and family. I can tweet to my friends and they can tweet right back! I feel the purpose of this app is keep everyone using Twitter as much as possible and staying interactive with it. I love it and am glad they have it!


 By March 2010, the company recorded over 70,000 registered applications and by June over 65 million tweets were being sent per day and March 2011 140 million per day, proving that this app as become very successful. The creators are the same people who created the Twitter page online which include the founders Jack Dorsey and Biz Stone. As of March of this year Twitter had 140 million registered followers. To promote the app it is seen on TV shows such as American Idol where you can tweet your favorite contestant through a twitter account that comes across the screen, magazines, phone commercials, and online ads.

1 comment:

  1. See... you can still enjoy the benefits of a the smartphone with your iPod, though I do realize it's just not the same.

    Interesting information about the Twitter app too! Good job, Meg!

    ReplyDelete