Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Super Awesome Media Class

I feel I am learning new things from this course, but more than that I feel I am just going deeper into what I already knew or had heard about. For example I have and know about Facebook but through discussions in class I have learned different ways to use it, how corporations/businesses may use it, and fun little stuff I never took the time to notice before. My favorite concept has been talking about the blogs. I had a blog for another class and it was used just to write my feelings on for English 470J. I already knew how to make it pretty and appealing to the eye but I never knew how to do other things such as taking a snap shot of a page or putting pictures on my page. Learning how companies use blogs was also very interesting to learn.

The most boring thing I have learned was about the Tag Clouds. I do not know if I even fully understand what they are yet but I was not connecting with the subject at all. It was just dry and I had no interest in the subject. I like things to be fun and exciting but Tag Clouds to me seem too simple to have a discussion on.

I can take what I am learning from class and start improving my blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. in many ways. I can add links, pictures, images, tags, etc. to them to make them more interactive with my followers and friends. If anything , I have learned how to protect my material (privacy) and come off more professional to those reading my posts. While blogging can be a fun activity, you never know who will see it and what opportunities it will bring for you.

 I have added this picture because this is now the new background on my Twitter page. It was plain with just colors so I wanted something new that represented me more. I am a hopeless romantic so I thought this was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment